Please support Afghan job seekers in getting jobs with companies who are committed to hiring and championing their long-term career success.
As grass roots movements to help our Afghan arrivals have gained momentum, Prosperity Ready has been invited into various support efforts. Our hearts have been captured by the spirit of the Afghan people whom we now call neighbors. Their resiliency, determination and what they have to offer our communities and state are significant. The urgent need to connect Afghan people to meaningful employment is an “all hands-on deck” effort. Prosperity Ready is eager to build a free 5-day Job Seeker Basics training program, customized to the needs of our Afghan job seekers.
Prosperity Ready is equipped to:
• Support Afghan job seeker skills training
• Connect Afghan job seekers to employers who will provide meaningful employment
• Work with employers on necessary accommodations unique to Afghan job seekers
• Help Afghan job seekers navigate often complex employment processes
Funding Requested: $15,680
Our goal is to raise the funds needed by March 31st so that we can start training Afghan job seekers in April and sponsoring job fairs with local employers committed to hiring and championing the long-term success of our Afghan community members.
How you can help:
- $25 provides training material for a program participant
- $100 supports translation of training material
- $200 provides a stipend for program participant attendance