Thanks to our generous supporters, team and volunteers, we are launching our Degreed Immigrant Job Seeker Program in early October, 2021.
- Free 10 week virtual program, 18 - 20 immigrant professionals with Information Technology and Engineering degrees.
- Learn how to overcome barriers to compete in today's job market.
- Develop the skills and confidence you need for lifelong career success.
- 2-4 hour weekly time committment, evenings and weekends
- 1-2 online group sessions weekly, evenings and weekends, pre and post work required
Session 1: Welcome to the Program: Learn more about the objectives for the program and together, establish how we interact as a group.
Session 2: Well being Practices: Learn how to engage in self care that helps you succeed in your career.
Session 3: Successful resume writing: Learn how to present your value by highlighting your personal brand and quantifying your success.
Session 4: Using LinkedIn to your Advantage: Learn how to get connected and get noticed on this important platform.
Session 5: Becoming a networking expert: Learn how to build and sustain your network. This how degreed professionals land jobs!
Session 6: Corporate Culture and Processes: Learn how employers manage their workforce. What you need to know for a successful first 90 days on the job.
Session 7: Corporate Culture and Processes: Part 2. Panel Discussion.
Session 8: Landing Interviews and negotiating offers: 1:1 coaching with local HR experts to ensure your readiness. Panel Discussion
Session 9: Employer contribution session: Hear from local employers.
Session 10: Graduation Celebration! (Optional, hopefully in person!)
Participant Selection Criteria:
- Accredited degree in Information Technology and/or Engineering
- Able to access internet for virtual classes
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to complete program, including 2-4 hours of group and independent work weekly for 10 weeks
- Willing to provide feedback after program completion
If you are interested in becoming a participant please fill out the Career Info Survey